Set of Chieftain Armchair and Chieftain Stool in Wood and Leather by Finn Juhl
Chair designed by finn juhl in 1949, relaunched in 2002. Chieftain footstool designed by finn juhl in 1953, relaunched in … moreChair designed by finn juhl in 1949, relaunched in 2002. Chieftain footstool designed by finn juhl in 1953, relaunched in 2015. Manufactured by house of finn juhl in denmark. The iconic chieftain chair is one of finn juhl’s absolute masterpieces, representing the peak of his career as a furniture designer. At its introduction in 1949, the chair marked a renewal of the danish furniture design tradition. Today, it is perceived as one of the most important exponents of the danish modern movement in the us during the 1950s. For this reason, finn juhl is often considered the father of danish modern. Inspired by modern art, the chieftain chair with its organic shapes, liberated itself from traditional danish furniture design and strict functionalism in both shape, construction and materials. In 2012, the chieftain chair won the danish design award, classic. The jury said in its motivation: ”today, the chieftain chair stands as an inspiration to a new generation of furniture designers and as proof that attention to quality, international calibre and a will to break away from tradition can pave the way to make a difference as a designer”. This stool was made for the iconic chieftain chair, one of finn juhl’s absolute masterpieces. Today the chieftain is perceived as one of the most important exponents of the danish modern movement in the us during the 1950s. For this reason, finn juhl is often considered the father of danish modern. The chieftain chair and stool are manufactured in walnut and are upholstered in leather. Dimensions armchair: w: 100 cm d: 88 cm h: 92.5 cm seat height: 34.5 cm dimensions stool: w 60 cm d 45 cm h 38 cm production delay: 8-9 weeks important information regarding images of products: please note that some of the images may show other colors and variations of the model, these images are only to present interior design proposals. The item that is selling is on the first image. Important information regarding color(s) of products: actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor, laptop, tablet and phone screen has a different capability to display colors and that everyone sees these colors differently. We try to edit our photos to show all of our products as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual color may vary slightly from your monitor. less
+ Typical Shipping: 3-5 weeks
+ Typical Shipping: 3-4 months
+ Typical Shipping: 7-11 weeks
Return Policy - Cancel within 24 hours. This item is non-returnable.
- Wood Side Chairs
- New and Custom Art Deco Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bamboo Side Chairs
- New and Custom Children's Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mahogany Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bauhaus Side Chairs
- New and Custom French Side Chairs
- New and Custom Leather Side Chairs
- New and Custom Louis XV Side Chairs
- New and Custom Maple Side Chairs
- New and Custom Metal Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- New and Custom Pink Side Chairs
- New and Custom Rattan Side Chairs
- New and Custom Side Chairs
- New and Custom Velvet Side Chairs
- New and Custom Wood Side Chairs
- New and Custom Wrought Iron Side Chairs
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs