1930s Refurbished Deco Working Telephone
This product is no longer available
Offering a stunning 1930s Western Electric 202 Deco telephone in fully refurbished near mint condition. The telephone is in full ...
Offering a stunning 1930s Western Electric 202 Deco telephone in fully refurbished near mint condition. The telephone is in full working order and has a modular plug for modern wall outlets. It has been fully tested, serviced and is ready for use. The telephone base and ringer box have been powder coated in the original semi-gloss black finish. The heavy bakelite handset was fully cleaned and polished. This telephone has the most desirable of the handsets used on the 202 model, which was called an E1. All the cords are new in the original style. The dial is a highly desirable model 4H, which has the fun 'clickity clack' sound. The bottom is covered in a fresh replacement suede, which gives excellent grip to the base while dialing. A near mint condition example with stunning Art Deco design and time tested quality. The ringer box and telephone together weigh approximately 15 lbs., as everything is made of metal and bakelite.
The ringer box would traditionally be attached/screwed into a wall just above a baseboard near a desk or sofa, with the telephone on a tabletop. The length of the cords will give you plenty of options. The ringer box is so attractive, you may want to rest it near the phone. The options are many. The ringer bells sound fantastic. The new matching cotton covered modular line cord allows the telephone to be used with modern wall sockets. This is one of the finest examples of the elegant 1930s Western Electric 202 telephone, along with slightly more rare components. It's in absolutely stunning condition and ready to start using.
Note: If you use a VOIP cable or digital based telephone service, an adapter may be required to dial out. There are plenty of "pulse to tone dial" adapters available online, which are inexpensive. The adapter converts analog pulses to tone dialing for digital internet phone based services. If you have a standard old fashioned traditional landline, you will be able to forgo the adapter and just plug the telephone into the wall outlet. less
- 11.0ʺW × 6.0ʺD × 8.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Art Deco
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $38
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.