1930s Refurbished Deco Working Telephone
This product is no longer available.
Offering a stunning 1930s Western Electric 202 Deco telephone in fully refurbished near mint condition. The telephone is in full ...
more Offering a stunning 1930s Western Electric 202 Deco telephone in fully refurbished near mint condition. The telephone is in full working order and has a modular plug for modern wall outlets. It has been fully tested, serviced and is ready for use. The telephone base and ringer box have been powder coated in the original semi-gloss black finish. The heavy bakelite handset was fully cleaned and polished. This telephone has the most desirable of the handsets used on the 202 model, which was called an E1. All the cords are new in the original style. The dial is a highly desirable model 4H, which has the fun 'clickity clack' sound. The bottom is covered in a fresh replacement suede, which gives excellent grip to the base while dialing. A near mint condition example with stunning Art Deco design and time tested quality. The ringer box and telephone together weigh approximately 15 lbs., as everything is made of metal and bakelite.
The ringer box would traditionally be attached/screwed into a wall just above a baseboard near a desk or sofa, with the telephone on a tabletop. The length of the cords will give you plenty of options. The ringer box is so attractive, you may want to rest it near the phone. The options are many. The ringer bells sound fantastic. The new matching cotton covered modular line cord allows the telephone to be used with modern wall sockets. This is one of the finest examples of the elegant 1930s Western Electric 202 telephone, along with slightly more rare components. It's in absolutely stunning condition and ready to start using.
Note: If you use a VOIP cable or digital based telephone service, an adapter may be required to dial out. There are plenty of "pulse to tone dial" adapters available online, which are inexpensive. The adapter converts analog pulses to tone dialing for digital internet phone based services. If you have a standard old fashioned traditional landline, you will be able to forgo the adapter and just plug the telephone into the wall outlet. less
- 11ʺW × 6ʺD × 8ʺH
- Art Deco
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $38
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.