Antique Renaissance-Style Hunt Chairs - Set of 6
This product is no longer available.
Although this lovely set of antique French Renaissance dining chairs in the Hunting style boasts many of the traditional Hunting ...
moreAlthough this lovely set of antique French Renaissance dining chairs in the Hunting style boasts many of the traditional Hunting style details, the chairs stand out for their unusually delicate and pretty carvings. The set of six antique French dining chairs dates to 1880 and the chairs are carved in dark oak wood that has aged handsomely. The crest rail is topped with elegantly entwined leaves and a cluster of carved grapes drops from the center of the crest rail. The back of the chair is also carved with a flowing cascade of leaves - nestled amongst the leaves you'll spot more sweet clusters of grapes. The open carving is airier than many antique French Hunting chairs we see, given a lighter visual impression. Slender barley twists form the chair posts, while the chair legs and stretchers also feature twists and floral carvings.
Overall Condition: Used - Good. Shows normal wear to the finish and miscellaneous nicks, dings, and scratches due to age and use. There is color variation in the cane between the chairs and the cane is damaged on three seats. There has been professional restoration to one column on one chair. Caning may need to be professionally restored or the seats could be upholstered.
Overall measurements (inches): 42H x 18.50W x 17D
Material(s): Solid oak, cane
Dates to circa 1880 less
- 18.5ʺW × 17ʺD × 42ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
EuroLux Antiques in Newberry, SC
EuroLux Antiques specializes in fine antiques for regular folks: exceptional antique furniture, vintage lighting, and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Brown Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- English Traditional Dining Chairs
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- French Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Renaissance Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Shabby Chic Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Traditional Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.