Vintage Tanker Desk
This product is no longer available.
Mid 20th century beautiful refinished tanker desk. The grinding produced a swirling effect which is intentional. It's not a flat ...
moreMid 20th century beautiful refinished tanker desk. The grinding produced a swirling effect which is intentional. It's not a flat shine, but has a lot of depth because of the swirling pattern. Very functional, unusual and great looking desk. Roomy drawers. The large bottom drawer is meant to be a filing cabinet.
The top of the desk is the original grey laminate. 4 holes were drilled in the right side top of the desk and they have been filled in and touched up with paint. A faux finish painter could make them nearly invisible, but this was never a priority for me because I always had my printer or scanner on the top and my computer in the center so they have not been visible. There are two leaves that pull out to the left and right of the desk. The leaf on the left has not been refinished and the leaf on the right is a little bit rusted. I have always kept the leaves hidden, but they could be very functional.
This is a wonderfully functional desk that despite a few flaws has an overall very attractive appearance. I have loved living with it, but it's too big for the place I am moving to, so I must part with it reluctantly. less
- 60ʺW × 30ʺD × 29ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Susan B. in Jackson Hts., NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Desks
- Antique School Desks
- Art Desks
- Butcher Block Desks
- Campaign Desks
- Computer Desks
- Corner Desks
- Curved Desks
- Desks with Drawers
- Desks with Hutch
- Desks with Shelves
- Desks with Storage
- Floating Desks
- Fold Down Desks
- Folding Desks
- Large Desks
- Long Desks
- Mahogany Desks
- Metal Desks
- Modular Desks
- Oak Desks
- Office Desks
- Reclaimed Wood Desks
- Simple Desks
- Small Desks
- Tall Desks
- Vanity Desks
- Wood Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.