Antique Copper Teakettle with Brass Acorn Finial
Handmade copper tea kettle with dovetail joints visible on the back and bottom. Brass arms support the handle, rim the ...
Handmade copper tea kettle with dovetail joints visible on the back and bottom. Brass arms support the handle, rim the opening, and the finial is brass. Nineteenth century, possibly as early as 1800. The technique of dovetail joinery was very difficult and done by master metal smiths. You can see one joint area in the photo of the back. Tea kettles like these were among the most expensive and cherished possessions of early families.
Condition - There are dents on the body and the spout has a dent at the opening. The lining is patchy. This is a well-worn, well-used item. There is a small leak under the spout. Probably not good for making tea, but you could use it for a cache pot...or just enjoy its great looks.
Large, beautifully formed classic kettle, with great marks of age. less
- 13.5ʺW × 10.0ʺD × 13.0ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in West Chester, PA
Walnut & West in West Chester, PA
We closed our warehouse, but we have a few things still for sale. For nearly ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.