Antique Green Copper Architectural Brackets - a Pair
Offered is one pair of LARGE copper corbels dismantled from an important 1905 hospital complex in New Jersey. A number ...
moreOffered is one pair of LARGE copper corbels dismantled from an important 1905 hospital complex in New Jersey. A number of other corbels were dismantled from this building about 10 years ago, but they left one building intact. This last building was the first to be torn down recently and I purchased these from the demolition company and had them removed individually.
Photos show the corbels on the building today (before being removed) and in a documentary photo from the 1930s.
The hospital was designed by the Newark architectural firm of Hurd & Sutton and cost over a million dollars to build. These corbels were each custom made, along with a series of copper cornices, cupolas, oeil de boeuf windows (I have three available) and vents. Each corner of the building had four corbels, placed below the deep soffit.
Strictly decorative, the corbels are a hollow shell, assembled with thin soldered joints. They are mounted to a building or wall by placing two small strips of wood and screwing in from the sides of the corbels. These will be great for use on another building or to be used in the interior for a console, fireplace, or set at the ceiling in a large room.
Condition: The two corbels in this listing have an outstanding verdigris green coloring. The soldered joints have separated on a number of the corbels over the years, but all of them can be repaired. No missing elements. Some are in worse condition than others. The two in this listing have some issues with the pyramid shaped section, where it is easy for the four pieces to become separated. These are the best in the lot, in my opinion, so price is the highest.
Please note that I have a number of these available, so I am willing to work with the buyer. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to inquire about multiples. less
- 26ʺW × 12.25ʺD × 45ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Lee Dowdy in Morristown, NJ
Lee Dowdy is a native of High Point, North Carolina and a graduate of Sotheby ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 8Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.