Equipales Mexican Chairs - Set of 4
The pre-Hispanic Mexican furniture known as Equipales get its name from an Aztec word for "place to sit". Made of ...
more The pre-Hispanic Mexican furniture known as Equipales get its name from an Aztec word for "place to sit". Made of pigskin stretched over twig/branch frames with flat strips of cedar filling in the open bottom, these chairs manage to be both rustic and sophisticated. This set of 4 adds a striking presence, on the patio or in the living room. Each is one of a kind. 17" seat height.
MATERIAL: Wood, cactus, pigskin
CONDITION: Very good
OTHER CONDITION NOTES: The cactus fibre ties that hold the flat wood pieces are unraveling in a few places, but structurally these chairs have held up very well. Arm is ripped on one chair. One chair appears to have been made separately and has a different type of hide. This is most visible from the rear, where that chair shows as significantly darker.
SHIPPING: $199 door to door flat rate blanket wrap LTL shipping to anywhere in the continental US. Lower rates possible in or near California - please inquire.
SHIPPING TIME: Estimated 4 - 8 weeks from order to arrival. Rural areas may experience delays.
LOCAL PICK UP: No charge.
LOCAL DELIVERY: $40 within a 25-mile radius less
- 22.0ʺW × 22.0ʺD × 31.0ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $199
- Free Local Pickup in Torrance, CA
- $40 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 25 miles of 90501.
Cracked Vessel Vintage in Torrance, CA
I'm Mary, and Cracked Vessel Vintage is my store. It lives in a big-beamed ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.