Antique Child's Sears and Roebuck Desk & Seat Set
This product is no longer available.
Rare Set 20th Century School Desk by Sears Roebuck & Co.
A vintage, cast iron “Majestic” student desk by Sears ... moreRare Set 20th Century School Desk by Sears Roebuck & Co.
A vintage, cast iron “Majestic” student desk by Sears, Roebuck & Co. This desk appears in Sears and Roebuck specialty catalogs from the 1920's, if you are interested I can send you a PDF of the original advertisement as it was an interesting find on the internet and it was patented in 1909. The “Majestic” model desk has a cast iron base, painted black, supporting a red wooden desk top and a red bench-style seat. The seats of the bench folds upward and the painted maple desktop is behind the bench seat, designed for sitting in rows. The cast iron support under the desktop bears the Sears Roebuck name. The desktop has a small hole for an inkwell. The front side is one seat, the back side is the desk with carved in pencil holder and the original inkwell hole. There is an additional seat behind the desk. The metal is heavy, sturdy cast iron.
What makes this piece extra special is two fold. First it is extremely rare to find both the front and the back pieces of the desk. Many times the only part to be found is the desk with no seat behind. But what makes this all the more unique is the fact that it is in sequential numbers, however there is a caveat. The 4 is the original piece, in the seat behind one leg has been replaced in the past. The sequential numbers are 4 and 5 on one side and 4 and 3 on the other. Nonetheless, I have scoured the internet and have not found something even close. This is truly a one of a kind piece that would make a lovely addition to your home.
45.0" W x 28.0" H x 21.0" D less
- 45ʺW × 21ʺD × 28ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Brooksies Attic in Richardson, TX
I have an affinity for antique and unusual items. Growing up my mother owned tea ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.