Arizona Biltmore Hotel Grates, Albert C McArthur
This product is no longer available.
Dubbed the "Jewel of the Desert" when opened in 1929, the Arizona Biltmore hotel was the crowning achievement of architect ... moreDubbed the "Jewel of the Desert" when opened in 1929, the Arizona Biltmore hotel was the crowning achievement of architect Albert Chase McArthur (1881 - 1951). A student of Frank Lloyd Wright, the master's impression is evident throughout the hotel design. Although many still mistakenly identify the building as Wright's, he was only involved in advising on the patterned textile blocks used in the construction. Albert McArthur was brother to Warren McArthur, who created all the original interior and exterior furnishings, which were later removed from the hotel. These wonderfully stylized grates came from the original design of the hotel and are painted iron, with a charming patina of time throughout. They slot into a newly designed stand, which elevates them to dividing screen height. They can be lined up as a continual wall, or staggered for an interesting effect. The grates, which measure 34 by 16 inches by 1 1/2 inches deep, can be lifted out of the stands for easy access or moving. less
- 17ʺW × 17ʺD × 60ʺH
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Off The Wall Antiques in Los Angeles, CA
Twentieth Century Design with an edge! Started in 1979, Off The Wall has built a ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.