Antique French Gilded Louis XV Upholstered Cabriole Chair
This product is no longer available.
Opulent, lush, and elegant, this newly upholstered antique French cabriole (or bergere) chair has been treated to a rich blue ...
more Opulent, lush, and elegant, this newly upholstered antique French cabriole (or bergere) chair has been treated to a rich blue velvet with the back wrapped in a colorful designer textured velvet. We stripped this very old gilded mahogany piece down to the frame and built it back up using traditional, old-school upholstery methods, including eight-way hand-tied coil springs, hand-stitched excelsior foundation and edge roll, and lots of new horsehair and cotton. We used no foam in this elegant chair, just like the original.
The patina is in as-found condition and makes the piece particularly breathtaking. The age-related wear adds substantial charm and individuality to this chair. Strong and stable, it will last many years. No one else has a chair like this! Seat height 19", seat depth 18", seat width, 16".
Available also is the coordinating settee (last photo), in a separate Chairish listing. Please contact email@example.com if interested in this piece as well. less
- 28.0ʺW × 24.0ʺD × 36.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Saint Petersburg, FL
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
City Girl Arts in Saint Petersburg, FL
Leslie Howard uses fine, old-school, upholstery techniques and saturated paint treatments to transform uncommon vintage ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Blue Side Chairs
- French Side Chairs
- Gold Side Chairs
- Louis XV Side Chairs
- Mahogany Side Chairs
- Purple Side Chairs
- Rococo Side Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.