Vintage Purple Touch N Go Umbrella
This product is no longer available.
An absolutely one of a kind find, this gorgeous vintage purple ombre umbrella has one of the loveliest shapes and ...
more An absolutely one of a kind find, this gorgeous vintage purple ombre umbrella has one of the loveliest shapes and most unique mechanics I've ever found. It opens and closes perfectly and feels very sturdy, and features a beautiful soft blue leather or faux leather handle. What makes it truly special is how it opens.
This umbrella is from the 'Touch N Go' line patented by Polan, Katz & Company in 1956. It is meant to revolutionize umbrellas by being opened and closed with one hand. To open, simply press the top of the umbrella gently against the ground, and it expands to show a beautiful and incredibly strong flower-petal shaped wire structure. To close, simply press a button near the handle - the closure is spring powered and shuts with an alarming SNAP, meant to burst the water off the fabric (and perhaps scare those closest to you!). It's a truly one-of-a-kind design, and frankly superior to any umbrella design before or since in my opinion!
A gorgeous and useful light parasol, perfect for decor, costumes, or just having the most amazing umbrella on a sunny market day or rainy morning! This is the idea vintage umbrella for a wedding!! These umbrellas are incredibly rare and difficult to come by.
Please note that the wrap closure is broken! This can be easily fixed with a tiny spot of velcro or new snap, but the umbrella closes so tightly that it's perfectly usable as-is. Some very minor scuffing to the shaft and handle, very wear to the fabric (2-3 pinholes and a few spots of wear).
Measures 35" long including handle and about 34" across when opened. less
- 34ʺW × 4ʺD × 35ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
- Mid-Century Modern
Erika - La Roux Vintage in Somerville, MA
Do you know that feeling when you're wandering through a thrift store and you ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.