- Room Accents & Accessories
- Fireplace Accessories
- Andirons & Chenets
- Antique B & H Chinese Lion Andirons 1886 - Pair
Antique B & H Chinese Lion Andirons 1886 - Pair
This product is no longer available.
Andirons, pair, ca.1886, Aesthetic Movement, cast iron. H. 23.5" x W. 11.5" x D. 23.5." ...
more Andirons, pair, ca.1886, Aesthetic Movement, cast iron. H. 23.5" x W. 11.5" x D. 23.5." SI.2004.014 a&b.
The design of this pair of andirons consists of a pair of inwardly scrolled feet that merge into a tapered shaft, all decorated with a serpentine motif and having a shield located at the intersection of the legs and shaft. The shaft is topped by an applied circular disc cast with a grotesque mask in the form of an animal's face, perhaps a lion. The horizontal log supports are bolted to the shaft at the back and have central legs with twisted shafts and ball finials. The andirons are stamped the B&H mark, "Patented August 24, 1886, and "9509." This patent refers to the design and was issued to Frederick Seidensticker, assigned to the Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company. The finish on this pair is black enamel lacquer, however, other examples have been found with gold or brass finishes on the cast iron. Above description is from online Smithsonian Institute website.
This RARE set of B & H Cast Iron Andirons was acquired at a very hi-end estate. My research find an identical pair in the Smithsonian Institute. Another online quote has this set marked at $2,400.00. My set is missing one hook on the back. These 2 hooks were used to hold the fire poker shaft. This set is in very fine original condition and looks terrific. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Monroe, MI
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Tom H. in Monroe, MI
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.