Antique Punjab Dowry Cupboard-Cabinet
Antique wedding cupboard. We were told this wooden cupboard was made in early-to-mid-1800s and for us it was love at ...
moreAntique wedding cupboard. We were told this wooden cupboard was made in early-to-mid-1800s and for us it was love at first sight. Talk about a statement piece; it demands attention. We believe this type of cupboard was used, generally, as a dowry cabinet. The front has wonderful details that include worn black (ebony) paint, hand forged chain links, wooden circles with worn paint and this wonderful applied painted strips. The top two doors open and reveal a double shelf area and the bottom door flips down to reveal a storage area. It is a solid cupboard that is structurally sound. The worn paint is what you would expect from a antique piece of this age. There have been some old repairs (prior to us purchasing this piece) but nothing that detracts from the overall appeal. We could imagine this as a fabulous bar! Or as place to hold your prized collection. This cupboard measures 48" tall x 28" wide x 11" deep. We love it just as it is and we have not used any cleaners or polish on it (we simply wiped it down with a microfiber cloth). If you are looking for a one of a kind, conversation piece this might be the cupboard for you. Although it shows wear to the finish we would consider this an aged pieced in wonderful condition and a survivor.
Our goal is to have your experience with us be a positive one. Therefore it is important to us that you get a clear understanding of what you are considering before you purchase. All of our pieces are well-loved and show signs of wear that comes along with aged items. Please feel free to ask questions as we are happy to provide any additional information you may need
- 28ʺW × 11ʺD × 48ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Vintage4Design in Ludington, MI
Vintage4Design: Vintage & Antique Archeologists! Ever wanted help sourcing vintage items for your project, event, client ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Armoires with Drawers
- Asian Antique Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Asian Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Black Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Boho Chic Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Clothing Armoires
- Corner Armoires
- Folk Art Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Gold Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Islamic Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Linen Armoires
- Media Armoires
- Metal Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Mirrored Armoires
- Oak Armoires
- Painted Armoires
- Pine Armoires
- Primitive Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Red Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Rustic Armoires
- Rustic Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Shabby Chic Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Storage Armoires
- TV Armoires
- Tall Armoires
- Tribal Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Wardrobe Armoires
- Wood Armoires
- Wood Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.