1970s Monumental Tufted Modular Sofa
This product is no longer available.
A stunning design similar to that of Mario Bellini's Camaleonda, or Harvey Probber's deep tuft sofa; this 1970s seven-piece modular ...
more A stunning design similar to that of Mario Bellini's Camaleonda, or Harvey Probber's deep tuft sofa; this 1970s seven-piece modular sofa was designed and manufactured in the 1970s by Marge Carson for the John Stuart showroom in New York, NY. This modular "pit sofa" can be situated in a number of different ways and has been reupholstered in an orange colored microsuede. The original upholstery on the sofa was also orange and was polyester velvet fabric. Pre-reupholstery photos available upon request.
Each corner / arm piece measures: 37" L x 37" D x 27" T;
armless pieces measure 35" L x 37" D x 27" T;
As situated measures 109" L on left flanking side, 144" L along back side, 74" on right flanking side.
Seat height is 15". less
- 144.0ʺW × 37.0ʺD × 27.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- John Stuart
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $500
- Free Local Pickup in Santa Monica, CA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 25 miles of 90025.
Habitat Gallery in Santa Monica, CA
After spending years in Los Angeles developing her mid mod gallery Very Vintage LA, Malena ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.