- Casegoods & Storage
- Dressers & Chests of Drawers
- Mid-Century Brasilia Broyhill Highboy Dresser
Mid-Century Brasilia Broyhill Highboy Dresser
Absolutely stunning, highly sought-after vintage walnut highboy dresser, circa early 1960s. Complete with Oscar Niemeyer’s distinctive swooping curved cabinet ...
more Absolutely stunning, highly sought-after vintage walnut highboy dresser, circa early 1960s. Complete with Oscar Niemeyer’s distinctive swooping curved cabinet front and hardware. Beautiful matching walnut veneer with solid construction. This absolute jewel remains in nearly pristine condition.
The cabinet’s signature arches and pulls are molded after buildings design by Niemeyer for Brazil's capital city. Top surface has been professionally refinished. This unit features two spacious long drawers on the bottom, the top double doors open to reveal three shelves on the left and four smaller drawers on the right giving ample storage space. The original brass colored signature Brasília hardware is in fantastic shape.
One of the most beloved and collected lines of American furniture is the atomic age. It is easy to see why so many fall in love with Brasília. An exceedingly fine tallboy dresser, this piece has been very well taken care of over the years. (Maker's label inside of drawer reads Brasilia Broyhill Premier). Great style for a bedroom or living room. Matching long dresser available (sold separately).
The Brasilia line is a collection that was first presented at the world’s fair in Seattle in 1962, as a tribute to the design of Brazilian famed architect Oscar Niemeyer. One of the most celebrated and highly collectible lines on the American atomic era of design. the Brasilia pieces were all constructed from solid walnut and were well-made, sturdy pieces of furniture. A success with the public the pieces sold well but production stopped in 1970 when Broyhill Furniture was sold off.
Creator: Broyhill (Manufacturer) Oscar Niemeyer (Designer)
Of the Period: Mid-Century Modern
Place of Origin: United States
Date of Manufacture: circa 1960s
Materials and Techniques: Walnut, brass
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Measurement: 44" Wide x 50" Tall x 19" Deep on bottom x 16" deep on top less
- 44.0ʺW × 16.0ʺD × 50.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Mid-Century Modern
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Timonium, MD
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 5Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.