- Casegoods & Storage
- Dressers & Chests of Drawers
- Mid-Century Brasilia Broyhill Highboy Dresser
Mid-Century Brasilia Broyhill Highboy Dresser
Absolutely stunning, highly sought-after vintage walnut highboy dresser, circa early 1960s. Complete with Oscar Niemeyer’s distinctive swooping curved cabinet ...
more Absolutely stunning, highly sought-after vintage walnut highboy dresser, circa early 1960s. Complete with Oscar Niemeyer’s distinctive swooping curved cabinet front and hardware. Beautiful matching walnut veneer with solid construction. This absolute jewel remains in nearly pristine condition.
The cabinet’s signature arches and pulls are molded after buildings design by Niemeyer for Brazil's capital city. Top surface has been professionally refinished. This unit features two spacious long drawers on the bottom, the top double doors open to reveal three shelves on the left and four smaller drawers on the right giving ample storage space. The original brass colored signature Brasília hardware is in fantastic shape.
One of the most beloved and collected lines of American furniture is the atomic age. It is easy to see why so many fall in love with Brasília. An exceedingly fine tallboy dresser, this piece has been very well taken care of over the years. (Maker's label inside of drawer reads Brasilia Broyhill Premier). Great style for a bedroom or living room. Matching long dresser available (sold separately).
The Brasilia line is a collection that was first presented at the world’s fair in Seattle in 1962, as a tribute to the design of Brazilian famed architect Oscar Niemeyer. One of the most celebrated and highly collectible lines on the American atomic era of design. the Brasilia pieces were all constructed from solid walnut and were well-made, sturdy pieces of furniture. A success with the public the pieces sold well but production stopped in 1970 when Broyhill Furniture was sold off.
Creator: Broyhill (Manufacturer) Oscar Niemeyer (Designer)
Of the Period: Mid-Century Modern
Place of Origin: United States
Date of Manufacture: circa 1960s
Materials and Techniques: Walnut, brass
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Measurement: 44" Wide x 50" Tall x 19" Deep on bottom x 16" deep on top less
- 44ʺW × 16ʺD × 50ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Mid-Century Modern
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 5Ask the Seller / View All
- 12-Drawer Dressers
- 2-Drawer Dressers
- 3-Drawer Dressers
- 4-Drawer Dressers
- 5-Drawer Dressers
- 6-Drawer Dressers
- 7-Drawer Dressers
- 8-Drawer Dressers
- 9-Drawer Dressers
- Antique Dressers
- Baby Dressers
- Bamboo Dressers
- Bedroom Dressers
- Brown Highboys
- Broyhill Highboys
- Cherry Dressers
- Distressed Dressers
- Double Dressers
- Dressers with Mirrors
- French Dressers
- Large Dressers
- Long Dressers
- Mahogany Dressers
- Maple Dressers
- Media Dressers
- Mid-Century Modern Highboys
- Narrow Dressers
- Nursery Dressers
- Painted Dressers
- Pine Dressers
- Reclaimed Wood Dressers
- Small Dressers
- Tall Dressers
- Triple Dressers
- Vanity Dressers
- Vintage Dressers
- Walnut Dressers
- Wicker Dressers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.