Janet Schwietzer for Pace Orba Wall Shelf
Orba Wall System designed by Janet Schwietzer in 1973 for the Pace Collection, New York. Schwietzer's patented design incorporates sophisticated ...
more Orba Wall System designed by Janet Schwietzer in 1973 for the Pace Collection, New York. Schwietzer's patented design incorporates sophisticated engineering to achieve the appearance of invisible joinery at each cantilevered shelf. Sublimely fine design and metal skills. Cast tubes of polished aluminum fit together horizontally and vertically so the joints seem seamless.
A brilliant set-up for a clean, dramatic and very architectural designed wall system; as much sculpture as it is storage. It has been professionally dis-assembled and packed and is stored very safely, ready for it’s new home.
Condition: This large 2-bay unit is in truly excellent condition. There are no chips or cracks in the very heavy glass shelves, and the aluminum finish is excellent. It consists of 9 shelves and two built-in light banks – the cords run discreetly through the posts and electrical is in excellent original condition.
Dimensions: Measures approximately H.72" x 81" x 12" total, and each bay is approximately 36" wide and 12" deep at the interior.
A note from the seller: Cursory research will show that this is an almost unobtainable piece of important 20th century design and my asking price is thousands below anything comparable. Happy to answer questions; please get in touch to discuss possible shipping or delivery arrangements. less
- 81.0ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 72.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Ann Arbor, MI
- $200 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 30 miles of 48103.
Woodcock's in Ann Arbor, MI
Furniture and antiques from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 5Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.