Janet Schwietzer for Pace Orba Wall Shelf
Orba Wall System designed by Janet Schwietzer in 1973 for the Pace Collection, New York. Schwietzer's patented design incorporates sophisticated ...
moreOrba Wall System designed by Janet Schwietzer in 1973 for the Pace Collection, New York. Schwietzer's patented design incorporates sophisticated engineering to achieve the appearance of invisible joinery at each cantilevered shelf. Sublimely fine design and metal skills. Cast tubes of polished aluminum fit together horizontally and vertically so the joints seem seamless.
A brilliant set-up for a clean, dramatic and very architectural designed wall system; as much sculpture as it is storage. It has been professionally dis-assembled and packed and is stored very safely, ready for it’s new home.
Condition: This large 2-bay unit is in truly excellent condition. There are no chips or cracks in the very heavy glass shelves, and the aluminum finish is excellent. It consists of 9 shelves and two built-in light banks – the cords run discreetly through the posts and electrical is in excellent original condition.
Dimensions: Measures approximately H.72" x 81" x 12" total, and each bay is approximately 36" wide and 12" deep at the interior.
A note from the seller: Cursory research will show that this is an almost unobtainable piece of important 20th century design and my asking price is thousands below anything comparable. Happy to answer questions; please get in touch to discuss possible shipping or delivery arrangements. less
- 81ʺW × 12ʺD × 72ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Woodcock's in Ann Arbor, MI
Furniture and antiques from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 5Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.