Patrick Briggs 'Blue' 2021 Refinished Wooden Nightstand Storage Credenza
Vintage wooden nightstand (circa 1970s) refinished in Blue toned Boho Chic style by artist Patrick Briggs for Palm Springs Regency, …
moreVintage wooden nightstand (circa 1970s) refinished in Blue toned Boho Chic style by artist Patrick Briggs for Palm Springs Regency, 2021. The nightstand which can also serve as a small credenza or buffet has a single pull drawer located on the top 1/3 of the unit and the lower 2/3 portion of the cabinet has a two swing door ample storage area with its interior still painted in its original avocado green color. The rest of the unit highlights the refinishing by Briggs who created a layered and rich patinated visual that was inspired by Coastal tones including celadon, moss green and variations of softer shades of blue including sky, powder as well as cornflower. The top of the unity has a glossy lacquer coating that compliments the otherwise mostly matte finish.
PATRICK BRIGGS for PALM SPRINGS REGENCY
Patrick Briggs is Southern California born and Hawaiian raised artist whose career started at 8 years old. in local theater productions. He later appeared in the role of gay rock musician Luke in the 1997 film, 'All Over Me' as well as the New York Theatre Workshop version of Rent, in the role of Tom Collins. Meanwhile in "Renaissance Man" style, Pat Briggs became a co-founding member and lead singer of the glam rock band Psychotica in 1994. Since then the band has toured throughout Europe and Asia including performances at Lollapolooza and other music festivals worldwide. Briggs is credited for crafting his own costumes and glam-rock makeup looks that were dubbed as body art. In fact, after an early appearance at Don Hill's legendary New York nightclub that his stage persona captivated his audience. In attendance were the curators of the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. They were so moved by his look and sound that they dubbed Psychotica as 'The future of rock 'n' roll" and installed an effigy of Briggs into the Hall's most audacious exhibit. In an interview when asked how it was possible for such a just of the gates band to get such an excellent placement in the Hall's Museum, Briggs remarked, "It's me on a neon cross bound in Saran Wrap,... in the exhibit, there's wax figures of Trent Reznor, David Bowie, Iggy Pop and me".
In 2020 Psychotica put their upcoming tour and new album tracks on a hiatus due to the 'Shelter in Place' necessity brought on by the Corona Virus pandemic aka Covid 19. In true form, Briggs was unable to sit idle. After seeing some of the pieces of furniture and murals that Briggs had been painting over the years for himself, his longtime friend, John Arguelles the owner of an online resale business encouraged him to create a series of unique one of a kind artistic pieces engaging vintage furniture as canvas. Briggs continues to explore the relationship of function and art with a series of hand painted vintage furnishings exclusively for Palm Springs Regency.
NOTE: custom and special orders are welcomed, ask us for details. less
- 28.5ʺW × 17.5ʺD × 30.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- An intentional level of distress has been incorporated into the finishing otherwise no flaws to structure or vu An intentional level of distress has been incorporated into the finishing otherwise no flaws to structure or vu less
Typical Shipping: 3-6 weeks
06824 does not qualify.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.