19th Century Edward Light Harp Lute
A very finely inlaid Harp Lute possiblly by Edward Light. This fine stringed instrument stands on its own and is ... more A very finely inlaid Harp Lute possiblly by Edward Light. This fine stringed instrument stands on its own and is in relatively good condition for its age. The harplike pillar supports diatonically tuned bass strings to extend the range of the fretted strings. The pitch of the bass strings could be raised a semitone by finger-operated ring stops that work very much like pedals on a harp. The prototype of harp-lutes is presumably ‘the harp-guitar’ and Edward Light is generally known as the inventor of this instrument. Strangely, though Light advertised his ‘harp-guitar’ to the London public through newspapers around 1800, like the one mentioned in 1908 by Armstrong, none of Light’s harp-guitars has been so far identified among surviving examples – most of them are either unsigned or bearing other makers’ brands less
- 14.0ʺW × 14.0ʺD × 34.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $399
- Free Local Pickup in Stamford, CT
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Greenwich Living Antiques & Design Centre in Stamford, CT
LOCATED IN THE HEART OF STAMFORD CONNECTICUTS ANTIQUES DISTRICT IT IS THE LARGEST SINGLE OWNER ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.