Shirley Temple Rotary Dial Telephone
An original Bakelite telephone made by Automatic Electric telephone. This AE40 Monophone has a modular plug on the line cord ...
moreAn original Bakelite telephone made by Automatic Electric telephone. This AE40 Monophone has a modular plug on the line cord so you can just plug it in and enjoy. This very elegant Art deco phone is very stylish with its curves. This phone was nicknamed the Shirley Temple Telephone. In 1938, Shirley was presented with the first one by Automatic Electric Company of Northlake, Illinois. Collectors refer to this Bakelite model as the "Shirley Temple Telephone."
There are no cracks or chips in this beautiful working phone. There is virtually no wear to the dial or its porcelain dial plate. The rubber base is soft and pliable and will not damage your tabletop. Inside the phone are two individually tuned bells that harmonize to deliver a wonderful nostalgic ring that has been long since forgotten... it's not like your cell phone of today!
One year warranty on interior parts only through American Telephone Store. Please make sure your telephone provider can accommodate rotary dial telephones.
Brother and sister Joe and Janette Antone aren't your ordinary vintage collectors. They scour the country looking for old phones from the 1900s through the 1990s, bring the old-timers back to life, and into the 21st century. The assortment of candy-like colors sweetens the deal. And don’t worry about reception, cell towers, or even electricity—keeping in touch with your in-laws is a non-issue once you’re hooked up to one of these modular marvels. less
- 9ʺW × 8.25ʺD × 6ʺH
- Art Deco
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
American Telephone Store in Petaluma, CA
My creative juices flow when I see old movies from the golden era of film ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.