Handwoven Peruvian Throw
This product is no longer available
Using the same techniques as their Incan ancestors, this one-of-a-kind frazada was handwoven on a backstrap loom in Chincherro, Peru ...
Using the same techniques as their Incan ancestors, this one-of-a-kind frazada was handwoven on a backstrap loom in Chincherro, Peru. Organic sheep’s wool and alpaca are blended into yarn and naturally dyed. Once two panels have been woven individually, they are connected with a “chukay” stitch. The entire process takes seven weeks. Thick and warm, frazadas are traditionally used as rugs in Peru to fend off the Andean Mountain chill. Also makes a beautiful blanket.
In addition to paying above fair wages for their work, the seller donates 10% of the proceeds from this purchase to education and health care for the artisans and the families of the artisans
ORIGIN | Chincherro, Peru
COLOR | 90% wool, 10% alpaca blend in red, pink, turquoise, periwinkle blue, orange, seafoam green, yellow, and ivory
CARE | Dry clean or spot clean only less
- 58.0ʺW × 60.0ʺD × 0.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Boho Chic
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Austin, TX
ARA COLLECTIVE in Austin, TX
Ara Collective collaborates with artisans to curate handcrafted pieces, blending traditional craftsmanship with modern style ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.