Abstract Painting Joe Capozio Woman Child
Larger Capozio pieces and a very early work by Joe Capozio. Signed in bottom right corner and dated 59.
Original ... more Larger Capozio pieces and a very early work by Joe Capozio. Signed in bottom right corner and dated 59.
Original Watercolor and Ink painting, mixed media by Joe Capozio 1959
Depicts a Woman and Child, Beautiful composition and colors of turquoise and blues with yellow on black. Other works by Capozio of a Mother and Child were done in the 1970's and another in the 1980's but this one is rare and early and dated 1959. I do not know what the title of this work is and can find no reference to it as this is a very early piece.
No fading or water stains, some light scuffing on the wood of the frame, though.
21' by 20" framed. Painting is 13" by 11 1/2"
Matted and framed with black wood frame. On back is notation that frame was repaired in the 1970's by Denton's Art Shop.
Photos show what underneath looks like as art work was slipping so it had to be disassembled to straighten it out and then put back into frame.
"Middle 20th Century artist who has worked as an architectural draftsman and a silkscreen artist. He has illustrated wildlife books in California and currently lives and works in the Adirondacks, New York. His paintings and drawings mix fantasy and realism, and is influenced by music, dance and theater." less
- 21.0ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 20.0ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $54
- Free Local Pickup in Grass Valley, CA
The Longacre Flea in Grass Valley, CA
We believe in living with strong design pieces that have history and tell a story ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.