Polaroid Test Image #32 by Denise Tarantino for Dah Len Studios C.1990
This is an original test Polaroid image. In the pre-digital age, a Polaroid test image would verify that the ... moreABOUT
This is an original test Polaroid image. In the pre-digital age, a Polaroid test image would verify that the model, product, and lighting would translate well on film. The studio needed to ensure that everything would translate correctly before the expense of shooting on film. Framed in a new matte black frame, this piece retains its original finish.
CREATOR Denise Tarantino for Dah Len Studios.
DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1990
MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Photography Paper, Polaroid, Wood, Glass.
DIMENSIONS H 6.5 in. W 6.5 in. D 1 in.
Dah Len, a Taiwanese fashion photographer, was in high demand, and the images created at the studio were used for high-end fashion editorials, fashion magazine ads, clothing catalogs, album covers, and pop culture publicity. The client list included publications and high end brands: Vanity Fair, W, New York Times, Interview, Details, Giorgio Armani, Kenneth Cole, Sean John, Charles Jourdan, L'oreal, MAC, Redken, and Matrix. It was commonplace to have celebrities at the studio-Madonna, Lenny Kravitz and Prince to name a few.
This piece is part of collection of Polaroid images that truly holds a place in fashion photography history. The outtakes are specific to an era of photographic processes no longer in play. "My time directing fashion shoots at Dah Len Studios, located in New York's trendy Meat Packing District, continues to fuel my love for Polaroid photography to this day."-Denise Tarantino, fine art Photographer. less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.