Original Imaginary Landscape Artwork by Mike Gough "I Miss You Here"
Gough’s interest in the elusive quality of memory has always been an invariable interest in his art practice. Rooted in ...
moreGough’s interest in the elusive quality of memory has always been an invariable interest in his art practice. Rooted in memories of his upbringing in Newfoundland, Gough’s paintings are autobiographical but carry universal narratives. In the absence of detail there is an opportunity for one’s own memories to develop. An expansive solitude and sense of isolation is met with a universal feeling of what it means to belong.
This unique 12 inch square mixed media painting on panel explores our relationship with memory and the natural world. This piece is signed by the artist on the back and is wired and ready to hang. The sides are painted and the artwork does not require framing. Convenient local Los Angeles area shipping. Affordable Continental U. S. and international shipping also available. This artwork comes with a certificate of authenticity issued by the art gallery.
At its core, his practice explores how our relationship with the natural world connects and defines us. Working in mixed media, he endeavors to create familiar meditative spaces that exhibit a personal journey, but simultaneously invite the viewer to insert themselves in the narrative. These paintings partially stem from a fear of memory loss as a result of experiences with Alzheimer’s in his family. Not only does the painting process exercise Gough’s memory, but the paintings themselves act as records of his experience becoming a blend of reality and idealism. They are not painted from photographs; the places are not precisely rendered and the experiences are not accurately told, but they are Gough’s authentic recollection of them. The intent of his work is to create a patchwork map of memories as a guide back to the authenticity of human feeling. less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Oil Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Paintings in Los Angeles
- Sunflower Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Boho Chic Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Minimalist Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Famous Paintings
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.