Red and Yellow Ikat Pillow Cover
This product is no longer available.
This pillow cover is a silk ikat covering backed with ivory hemp. The front has been hand-woven using a detailed ...
more This pillow cover is a silk ikat covering backed with ivory hemp. The front has been hand-woven using a detailed 70-step process. The sphere-like design in vibrant shades of reds, yellows, and blue is inspired by centuries-old patterns and colors.
The Uzbek term for “ikat” is “abrband” meaning literally “tying a cloud.” It is one of the oldest and most elaborate forms of textile design. Each thread is dyed with a pattern before it is woven, using traditional dyes made from natural materials, such as pomegranate and saffron. The threads are hand-woven into beautiful patterns and motifs traditional to the Fergana Valley of Uzbekistan.
Silk front and ivory hemp back, with hidden zipper
Insert not included
Material: 50% cotton, 50% silk
Dimensions: 16" x 26" less
- 26.0ʺW × 0.25ʺD × 16.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Boho Chic
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
Staprans Design in Portola Valley, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.