Pianos Daude Print
This product is no longer available.
Huge professionally framed Pianos Daude print. High quality frame and matting and excellent condition of print. Frame is 60"x48" and ...
moreHuge professionally framed Pianos Daude print. High quality frame and matting and excellent condition of print. Frame is 60"x48" and print is 48"x35" and measures 60" diagonally. Quality of the frame and double matting is worth hundreds of dollars itself. Found these similar items on eBay and they are going for $1500–$2k.
This is a print of the original 1924 store location, not the 1975 new location, see details below.
History on the Piano Daude print below:
Founded in 1924 by Andre Daude, the Pianos Daude Company builds, sells, and teaches piano in Paris to this day. Andre Daude (1897-1979) purchased his very first piano with his stipend from serving in the French army in World War One. When his neighbor offered to purchase it from him, a venture was born. Much like The Ross Art Group's owner Mickey Ross, Andre Daude turned his hobby and passion into a thriving business.
Mr. Daude decided in 1924 that he would create a poster, the most popular form of advertising in Paris, to promote the opening of his very first retail location. Employing the popular Art Deco style of the day, Daude drew up the poster himself. He wisely chose a dramatic diagonal birds eye view of a piano player (himself), with a small view of the Arc de Triomphe and side view of his spectacular pianos in the top right of the poster, and all pertinent information added to the bottom. This excellent example of stone lithography is highly sought after for its dramatic composition and scarcity in the marketplace. Moreover, the original we have in our collection features the rare deep red that collectors search for, as opposed to the faded and lighter red that is found more frequently. Pianos Daude was an immediate success in Paris, and thrived in its location.
Pianos Daude was such a success, that in 1975 Andre Daude decided to move to a larger location just down the street at 75 Avenue de Wagram. He turned yet again to poster art as a means to advertise the move. This time, the designing of the poster was much more of a simpler process; he simply reused his popular design and switched out the text on the bottom to have the correct address! By 1975 a new, less expensive printing process called offset lithography had been developed and it is in this method that this round of posters was printed. Much more common, but equally eye-catching, this 1975 edition is a wonderfully affordable way to obtain the look and feel of Art Deco poster art. less
- 48ʺW × 2ʺD × 60ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Eric E. in Los Angeles, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.