Silkscreen Attributed to Peter Stroud
This product is no longer available
1971 hard-line, abstract silkscreen attributed to Peter Stroud, published by Domberger for a calendar series. Edition of 125 c. 1971 ...
1971 hard-line, abstract silkscreen attributed to Peter Stroud, published by Domberger for a calendar series. Edition of 125 c. 1971, unsigned and measures 11 3/4" x 11 3/4".
Small area of discoloration in corner.
Peter A. Stroud, British (1921-2012) A twenty year resident of Princeton, New Jersey, Peter was born on May 23, 1921 in London, England and joined the British Army at 18. Peter served in North Africa and Europe, and was a POW during WWII. His study of land maps led to his interest in design patterns and complexity of design, which influenced his artwork throughout his life. His abstract works have been on view in numerous museums including: the Tate Gallery, London, England, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, NY, the New Jersey State Museum, NJ, the Museum of Modern Art, NY, Princeton University, NJ, the British Museum, England, the Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C., the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY, the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, TX, the Rose Art Museum, MA, the Marlborough-Gerson Gallery, NY, and the American Embassy in London.
Peter remained sharp and curious throughout his life. He loved a good story and was an exceptional story teller. He enjoyed music, especially jazz, but will be remembered most for his practice of belting out song whenever the fancy struck him. less
- 11.75ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Alameda, CA
- MGH Discovered Art in Alameda, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.