The American Character, 1940s Vintage Book
Vintage book - The American Character, by D.W. Brogan. Published 1944 by Alfred Knopf. Hardcover with jacket. 170 pages. "What ... more Vintage book - The American Character, by D.W. Brogan. Published 1944 by Alfred Knopf. Hardcover with jacket. 170 pages. "What we are and why we are that way - an interpretation by a brilliant British scholar". What makes this book fascinating, other than the topic and text, is the message from the publisher "to the purchaser of this book" - explaining the scarcity of paper and the guidelines surrounding printing, due to the efforts surrounding World War II. In "good" condition with wear to dust jacket, bookplate, and tanning to pages. less
- 5.75ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 8.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Early American
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Mendham, NJ
Story of a Lifetime in Mendham, NJ
Story of a Lifetime has been collecting, researching, and selling small antiques, decorative items, vintage ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local Delivery
- Returns & Cancellations