Karl Springer Barrel Recessed Finish Metal Tables
This product is no longer available
Spring is here and I am selling my beautiful circa 1980's elegant and airy Karl Springer 3 table set that ...
Spring is here and I am selling my beautiful circa 1980's elegant and airy Karl Springer 3 table set that are in excellent condition and have been in my family since then. The late Mr. Springer was a designer of luxury furniture and accessories and these hip and unique tables would be amazing in a Southern California home or warm weather climate area.
Mr. Springer, was a pre-postmodernist designer and he had showrooms in New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo and additional outlets in Munich and Chicago. Mr. Springer passed away in 1991. These tables were purchased new for over $20,000.
He was known to bring a high fashion sensibility to his furniture pieces which had a sense of scale and proportion. You may have read that his business took off when the Duchess of Windsor purchased many pieces and became a collector, and his designs were favored by high profile business folks and celebrity collectors including the Chairman of the Board, Mr. Frank Sinatra.
As you'll see in the attached photos, the 3 table set are a unique barrel shape made out of metal with a recessed shagreen faux finish. They each have a removable glass top with a beautiful beveled rim around the circumference. They are elegant, exotic and airy and bring space and openness to a room, not clutter.
I'd love to get them sold to a KARL SPRINGER collector or a mid-century modern collector who can appreciate the value and history.
I can lift and move the tables, so they are not that heavy.
The two smaller:
17" high (top to bottom)
23' across rim-to-rim
21 1/2 ' high (top to bottom)
27' across rim-to-rim less
- 27.1ʺW × 21.1ʺD × 21.1ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Karl Springer
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Beverly Hills, CA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Christine R. in Beverly Hills, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.