Karl Springer Barrel Recessed Finish Metal Tables
This product is no longer available.
Spring is here and I am selling my beautiful circa 1980's elegant and airy Karl Springer 3 table set that ...
more Spring is here and I am selling my beautiful circa 1980's elegant and airy Karl Springer 3 table set that are in excellent condition and have been in my family since then. The late Mr. Springer was a designer of luxury furniture and accessories and these hip and unique tables would be amazing in a Southern California home or warm weather climate area.
Mr. Springer, was a pre-postmodernist designer and he had showrooms in New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo and additional outlets in Munich and Chicago. Mr. Springer passed away in 1991. These tables were purchased new for over $20,000.
He was known to bring a high fashion sensibility to his furniture pieces which had a sense of scale and proportion. You may have read that his business took off when the Duchess of Windsor purchased many pieces and became a collector, and his designs were favored by high profile business folks and celebrity collectors including the Chairman of the Board, Mr. Frank Sinatra.
As you'll see in the attached photos, the 3 table set are a unique barrel shape made out of metal with a recessed shagreen faux finish. They each have a removable glass top with a beautiful beveled rim around the circumference. They are elegant, exotic and airy and bring space and openness to a room, not clutter.
I'd love to get them sold to a KARL SPRINGER collector or a mid-century modern collector who can appreciate the value and history.
I can lift and move the tables, so they are not that heavy.
The two smaller:
17" high (top to bottom)
23' across rim-to-rim
21 1/2 ' high (top to bottom)
27' across rim-to-rim less
- 27.1ʺW × 21.1ʺD × 21.1ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Karl Springer
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Beverly Hills, CA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Christine R. in Beverly Hills, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.