Vintage Various Vanity Boxes - Set of 8
This product is no longer available.
The seller says: Some years back, when we dabbled in the makeup business, I started collecting vintage makeup and cosmetics ...
more The seller says: Some years back, when we dabbled in the makeup business, I started collecting vintage makeup and cosmetics - including powder and perfume boxes, like the eight vintage cardboard boxes shown here. The prize, without a doubt, is the empty, gold-lined flip-top 1937 Shocking Schiaparelli box, made in France, with its IMagnin & Co. label intact on the bottom.
The other boxes, though perhaps less rare, are charming in their own right. They include, in descending order of size: AirSpun by Coty (empty); Heavenlight by Avon (with original powder); Ariel by Avon (empty); Gloriant by Ansehl (with a trace of original powder ; Blue Waltz by Joubert (trace of powder); Light Rachel by Cashmere Bouquet (empty), and Pond's Face Powder (empty).
None of these boxes are dated, but they appear to be from the late 1930s - 50s - given their graphic designs and colors. These had a special place in my cosmetic display case, but they will look entrancing on your Art Deco dressing table or vintage lacquered side table. Of interest to graphic designers, Deco collectors, and of course, those who admire vintage vanity items or are in the makeup business. The boxes are in generally good condition, with some signs of edge wear, as expected. Boxes like these no longer exist on the market - except perhaps in box or cosmetic collections. less
- 6.0ʺW × 7.5ʺD × 4.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.