Robert Herman Original Basquiat Street Art Photo
This product is no longer available
SAMO is DEAD, photographed in New York's Soho during 1981 by New York Times featured photographer Robert Herman.
Archival inkjet ... more SAMO is DEAD, photographed in New York's Soho during 1981 by New York Times featured photographer Robert Herman.
Archival inkjet print. Image size: 18H x 13W
Hand signed & numbered by Herman from an edition of 10
Excellent Overall Print Quality
Exhibition piece from Lot 180: a NY based gallery & exhibitor
About Robert Herman
Robert Herman has been a street photographer since his days as an NYU film student back in the late 70's. His photos of New York City, shot between 1978-2005 on Kodachrome, are now collected in his New York Times & Lens Culture featured monograph: 'The New Yorkers'
Robert's work is part of the permanent collections of the George Eastman House and the Telfair Museum in Savannah, GA. In 2011, images from The New Yorkers were exhibited at the Istanbul Photography Museum. Most recently, his solo exhibition "A Waking Dream," was shown at the Museum of Modern Art in Cartagena, Columbia.
He has a BFA in Filmmaking from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University and received his Masters in Digital Photography from the School of Visual Arts in NYC. His love of light and color, and making images that find the transcendent continues to this day. Robert's second featured book 'The Phone Book' was just released by Schiffer Books and was reviewed in a feature article as part of the New York Times' Metro Section.
- 13.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 18.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- The Downtown Score in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.