Mid-Century Hand Painted Lamp Stylized Bird
This product is no longer available.
This massive signed and hand painted pottery table lamp was created the highly collectible Italian artist Ugo Zaccagnini before 1936 ...
more This massive signed and hand painted pottery table lamp was created the highly collectible Italian artist Ugo Zaccagnini before 1936. ( Zaccagnini passed away in 1936). A fabulous stylized bird flaunts his stuff amongst butterflies, vines and flowers in greens, golds, blues, rose, pink and heather on a white background. It is mounted on a wide wooden creamy white painted base. It was taken apart to be sure it is an authentic Zaccagnini... it is. Signed "Z" with squiggly lines running through it. The lines represent Mt. Olive which was his view out of his studio window.
The Lamp is signed by Zaccagnini and was made for the Paris Decorators Company...which is also hand written on the underside. The Paris Decorators Company was founded in 1911 and operated a chain of nine furnishing stores in the metropolitan New York City area. The business specialized in curtains, interior decoration products, draperies, and furniture. It was based in Newark, New Jersey but maintained its general office and factory at 28 West 23rd Street. Among its principal competitors in the 1930s retail business was Mrs. Dodd, Inc., located in Manhattan.
Measures 23" high to top of socket. Approx 9" wide. Base is 9" wide. Has one little repair at the very top of pottery neck which is not visible under the lampshade. Please keep in mind this lamp is HANDMADE therefore loaded with charm and not perfect. Indicative of faience pottery...there are a few glaze pops here and there from firing. It has been rewired with all new parts. Lampshades are a personal choice therefore, one is not included.
- 9.0ʺW × 9.0ʺD × 23.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Ugo Zaccagnini
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Aptos, CA
Napping House Studio in Aptos, CA
I am a retired home stylist with an obsession for vintage home decor. I closed ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.