Mid-Century Hand Painted Lamp Stylized Bird
This product is no longer available.
This massive signed and hand painted pottery table lamp was created the highly collectible Italian artist Ugo Zaccagnini before 1936 ...
more This massive signed and hand painted pottery table lamp was created the highly collectible Italian artist Ugo Zaccagnini before 1936. ( Zaccagnini passed away in 1936). A fabulous stylized bird flaunts his stuff amongst butterflies, vines and flowers in greens, golds, blues, rose, pink and heather on a white background. It is mounted on a wide wooden creamy white painted base. It was taken apart to be sure it is an authentic Zaccagnini... it is. Signed "Z" with squiggly lines running through it. The lines represent Mt. Olive which was his view out of his studio window.
The Lamp is signed by Zaccagnini and was made for the Paris Decorators Company...which is also hand written on the underside. The Paris Decorators Company was founded in 1911 and operated a chain of nine furnishing stores in the metropolitan New York City area. The business specialized in curtains, interior decoration products, draperies, and furniture. It was based in Newark, New Jersey but maintained its general office and factory at 28 West 23rd Street. Among its principal competitors in the 1930s retail business was Mrs. Dodd, Inc., located in Manhattan.
Measures 23" high to top of socket. Approx 9" wide. Base is 9" wide. Has one little repair at the very top of pottery neck which is not visible under the lampshade. Please keep in mind this lamp is HANDMADE therefore loaded with charm and not perfect. Indicative of faience pottery...there are a few glaze pops here and there from firing. It has been rewired with all new parts. Lampshades are a personal choice therefore, one is not included.
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Aptos, CA
Napping House Studio in Aptos, CA
I am a retired home stylist with an obsession for vintage home decor. I closed ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.