Mid Century Modern Samsonite Tiered Patio Drink Cart of Fiberglass and Enameled Steel Tube in White
Handsome mid-century modern patio white fiberglass and enameled steel tube two-tiered tea cart, bar cart, or drink cart by Samsonite. ...
moreHandsome mid-century modern patio white fiberglass and enameled steel tube two-tiered tea cart, bar cart, or drink cart by Samsonite. It is in fabulous vintage condition with no outstanding flaws we have detected. Please see photos. Circa 1960s-1970s.
Wow! This is the perfect mid-century modern outdoor drink cart whether it’s used for cocktails, tea, or coffee. It is comprised of a white enameled steel square tube cart frame with two tiers. Each tier has a white fiberglass affixed tray with a faux slate surface. It rolls easily wherever you need it on black plastic wheels. Perfect for serving drinks or snacks on your patio, deck, or porch. We found this in an enclosed hot tub room of a marvelous mid-century modern home. We believe it has never been outside, although it was made to be in the weather. Pssst….we are listing a matching patio dining table and four chairs too.
Samsonite, best known for their luggage, was founded in Denver in 1910 by Jesse Shwayder. Jesse was born and raised in the late 19th century American West but found himself in his 20’s in New York selling luggage for the Seward Trunk and Bag Company. However, he had a dream. A dream of going home along with a dream of owning his own company. He did just that. That company was first named Shwayder Trunk Manufacturing Company. However, its name was changed in 1965 to Samsonite honoring its best-selling product. Jesse Shwayder named the line as such for its incredible strength which he likened to the Biblical character, Samson. The first 60-70 plus years Samsonite was operated by the Shwayder family and went through many expansions and changes. One of those expansions was into the furniture market. But by the 1970s they were bought out by the Beatrice umbrella. Again, going though many expansions and changes and……cutbacks too and changing hands many times. After all those years, the luggage portion of Samsonite is back in Denver operating from their original location. And, the furniture portion is operating as it did from its beginning in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Samsonite Corporation and Samsonite Furniture are now separate companies.
This vintage Samsonite cart will be perfect inside or outside of your gorgeous abode! Make it yours.
• Height – 31.5 Inches
• Width – 27 Inches
• Depth – 21.25 Inches
• Weight – 24.3 Pounds
• Height – 36 Inches
• Width – 31 Inches
• Depth – 26 Inches
• Weight – 35 Pounds less
- 27ʺW × 21.25ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- It is in fabulous vintage condition with no outstanding flaws we have detected. Please see photos. It is in fabulous vintage condition with no outstanding flaws we have detected. Please see photos. less
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
06824 does not qualify.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.