Seong Moy Vintage Abstract Print
The seller says: This exceptional abstract print is by Seong Moy (1921- 2013), noted American artist. He was born in ...
more The seller says: This exceptional abstract print is by Seong Moy (1921- 2013), noted American artist. He was born in China (Canton), but emigrated to the U.S. in 1931 at the age of ten. This serigraph (silkscreen) has large, bold gestures of strong colors that look to me like calligraphic elements in ecstatic motion. The effect is very painterly. This print stunning; it is a beautiful, vibrant composition that would brighten any room. The print was published in 1979 in an edition of 300. It measures 25 3/4” x 20” the image, 30” x 22 ¼” sheet. It is titled, numbered and signed all in pencil in the lower margin, “Red Tapestry, 167/300, SMoy.” The print is in excellent, never-framed condition and is on a heavy, high quality paper. I will ship this print in a heavyweight tube. I ship USPS Priority Mail.
In his teens, Seong Moy studied at the WPA/FAP school in St. Paul and later with Cameron Booth at the St. Paul School of Art. In 1941, he was awarded a scholarship to the Art Students League in New York where he studied with Vaclav Vytlacil and that same year he studied at the Hofmann School with Hans Hofmann. Moy also studied at Atelier 17 with Stanley William Hayter from 1948 to 1950. Moy began his teaching career in 1951 with painting classes at the University of Minnesota. Over the years he taught part time at various universities and colleges, including Smith College, Vassar College, Cooper Union, the Pratt Graphic Center and the Art Students League. Following the lead of Hans Hofmann, Moy opened his summer school in Provincetown in 1954 and taught painting, drawing and printmaking for twenty years. He won a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1955 and became professor of art at the City College in New York.
Moy's work has been included in numerous solo and group exhibitions and is held in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum, the Whitney Museum of American Art, Brooklyn Museum and the New York Public Library. less
- 22.25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in San Francisco, CA
Paul M. in San Francisco, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.