Nana Tavdi – Soviet Georgian Modernist Painting
This exceptional abstract painting by Nana Tavdi (1942-?) is a wonderfully rhythmic composition that flows with vibrant energy. It is ...
more This exceptional abstract painting by Nana Tavdi (1942-?) is a wonderfully rhythmic composition that flows with vibrant energy. It is an abstract composition that only a highly accomplished and experienced artist could pull off. The colors are rich and vibrant giving this excellent painting a decorative appeal, also. The mixed media painting is composed of pastel and ink marker (the best I can tell) on paper and is in excellent condition. It measures 25.5” x 19.5” (65cmx50cm) unframed. Framed, it measures 32.5” x 26.5”. It is attached to a matboard by two archival hinges. If framed, it has a very nice white mat with gold metal liner and a gold metal frame. It is signed and dated in the lower left, “N Tavdi 1988.” I will ship it with the mat and frame, but without the glass. I ship USPS Priority in the U.S.
Nana Tavdi born in 1942 in the Soviet Republic of Georgia in a home region of a Russian ruler and dictator Joseph Stalin. She developed a unique style influenced by the works of Marc Chagal and Picasso. The artist exhibited widely around the world and eventually settled in Los Angeles, CA. As with many non-conformists refusing to work in a government mandated Soviet Social realism style, her works were never distributed or exhibited in the Soviet Union itself. less
- 26.5ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 32.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in San Francisco, CA
Paul M. in San Francisco, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.