Original Jimi Hendrix Photo Signed
This product is no longer available
A rare Jimi Hendrix Detroit photo shot in 1968 by famed rock photographer Leni Sinclair. Hand signed by Sinclair on ...
A rare Jimi Hendrix Detroit photo shot in 1968 by famed rock photographer Leni Sinclair. Hand signed by Sinclair on the lower front of photo. Obtained directly from the artist.
About the Artist:
Leni Sinclair fled from communist East Germany when she was 18 years old and made her way to Detroit, Michigan, where she enrolled at Wayne State University. In 1964, Sinclair co-founded the Detroit Artists Workshop and began photographing avant-garde jazz artists like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk. During this time, Leni married fellow student John Sinclair and continued to be heavily involved in the counter culture revolution by photographing bands such as the MC5, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Who, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, and many more.
Leni Sinclair helped organize the “Free John Sinclair” concert in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 1971, headlined by John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Bob Seger, and Stevie Wonder where John Lennon performed his song, “John Sinclair” about Leni’s husband. Leni Sinclair’s historically iconic photos of Detroit’s counter-cultural movement and important place in Rock history have appeared in countless newspapers, magazines, books, LP and CD covers over the years. less
- 11.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 14.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
The Downtown Score in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.