Liz Leventhal "Lyric 4" Abstract Painting
This product is no longer available
This is an original painting on archival paper not a print.
Liz Barber Leventhal’s paintings are represented in galleries ... more This is an original painting on archival paper not a print.
Liz Barber Leventhal’s paintings are represented in galleries up and down the East Coast, from Florida to New York. Her work has been featured in publications including the cover of Art Voices 2015 and 2014 Winter Edition, Expose Art Magazine ,Studio Visit Magazine and Southern Living. Barber Leventhal has been commissioned by Yale Hospital, The Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas , the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Atlantis Resort Bahamas. Recently Archbold Hospital acquired 14 paintings for their new healthcare facility in Thomasville, GA. Her work is widely collected she has had many solo and two person shows.
Barber Leventhal’s new body of work is vibrant, energetic and bursting with texture, color and shape. Inspired by water and light, these elements provide organic forms that connect the viewer to the piece. Using a soft palette of colors with vigorous brushstrokes, she creates paintings that convey nature as constantly changing, shifting and moving. Atmospheric landscapes blend with drawn images from memory. Her canvases tell a short story by freezing a moment in time and then blending it with an abstracted ground. The common thread that winds itself through it all is her ability to capture a light source through its interaction with color. The results are glowing, luminous, enhanced pictures of the gorgeous effects of nature.
Liz’s quiet and gentle nature strongly contrasts with her energetic, confident and highly textured paintings. Inspirations from nature result in daring and unusual combinations of color, forceful texture and the gentle luminosity – all of which is borne from her ability to draw.
In her own words: “There is always abstraction in my paintings no matter what the subject matter is. Nature provides organic, compelling shapes. Usually drawing is the starting point consisting of ambiguous elements that add depth to the painting. Moments from the past are as fragile and changing as nature itself. In my life, the way I see a leaf falling can trigger a past memory. This is my emotional connection with nature. The subject matter of nature provides a decadent ballet of movement and change. This process makes visible my search through my memories. This is how I connect with the viewer.”
- 11.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 14.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
Liz Barber Leventhal in Marietta, GA
Liz Barber uses a soft palette of colors with vigorous brushstrokes to create paintings that ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.