Miriam Haskell Turquoise Glass Necklace & Bracelet Set, Made in Germany 1950s
Offered here is a Miriam Haskell turquoise glass gold-plated necklace and bracelet set, made in Germany in the 1950s. The ... moreOffered here is a Miriam Haskell turquoise glass gold-plated necklace and bracelet set, made in Germany in the 1950s. The components for both pieces are alike, but the design expression for each item is its own, within the theme. The necklace has a centerpiece of two attached filigree half-cups, and hand-wired to them is a cluster of round turquoise glass beads that are tipped with small clear crystals in prong settings. Hanging from the center of the cups where they join is a fluted bell-shaped cone, from inside of which drop three dangles of tight-link chain with rondelles of clear crystals and the crystal-tipped turquoise glass beads. The sides of the necklace have clusters of the rondelles and turquoise beads, plus fluted bicone gold beads; they finish in a hook on one side, and a "tail" on the other side which ends in a fluted bell with a turquoise bead. The bracelet takes fluted gold beads as the primary element and connects them with a cluster of turquoise beads and a rondelle. The focal point of the bracelet is a large and festive dangling element: a full filigree cup is topped with a cluster of the hand-wired crystal-tipped beads; from the sides of this hang a few beads, beneath is a halo of filigree, and from the center hangs a fluted bell with bead that matches the "tail" on the necklace. This is a spectacular and singular example of Miriam Haskell's work, and specifically of her head designer Frank Hess. A private and elegant gentleman who came to work every day with a top hat and a silver-tipped cane, he was the creative side of the company, and his designs are legendary. The elite from Hollywood, New York, and Europe were often to be seen wearing Haskell; Joan Crawford and the Duchess of Windsor were just two of the Haskell devotees with vast collections of these intricate and meticulous creations. The company often had pieces manufactured in Germany, which was known for its excellence in jewelry construction; in the 1950s, pieces were occasionally still unsigned, or identified only with hang tags that could be removed. This sumptuous pairing of necklace and bracelet is vibrant and exciting; the Condition is impeccable throughout, with a bright and unblemished gold finish and Perfect beads. It is signed on the bracelet spring-ring clasp "Germany". Dimensions: necklace, adjustable up to 16.5"L, center drop is 3"L; bracelet, 7.5"L, dangle is 2.5"L x 1.25"W. less
- 16ʺW × 3ʺD × 0.75ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Miriam Haskell
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- impeccable condition throughout impeccable condition throughout less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.