American Fruitwood-Walnut Secretaries - A Pair
These 19th Century attractive secretaries have been lovingly crafted with clean lines and an elegant design using old world techniques ...
moreThese 19th Century attractive secretaries have been lovingly crafted with clean lines and an elegant design using old world techniques in every aspect, crafted from solid walnut and fruitwood to create the perfect recesses and smooth surfaces, the shell carvings are exquisite. The upper section drops open to reveal a very handsomely fitted interior with three small drawers, one knob is missing, and a writing surface, the tiny drawers in the interior are very finely crafted. Below the writing surface are three graduated drawers that are completed in the carved top drawer and flanked by canted corners with paneled sides. The molded tops are joined beneath where the secretary comfortably rests. The backboards are nailed onto the case in the typical manner. The entire secretary rests over fully developed bun feet. An unusual pair of writing cabinets, particularly because of their size. They were perhaps originally made for a particular room. They are well made and have a light warm colour which gives them contemporary appeal .....old meets new and what a conversion! Great for display or storage in kitchen or family room.
Date: 19th century
Condition: very good
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Materials and Techniques: fruitwood/walnut
Measurements: 46" tall x13" deep x 21" wide less
- 21ʺW × 13ʺD × 46ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
- Super Seller 2018
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Desks
- Antique Desks
- Antique School Desks
- Art Desks
- Brown Secretary Desks
- Butcher Block Desks
- Campaign Desks
- Computer Desks
- Corner Desks
- Country Secretary Desks
- Curved Desks
- Desks with Drawers
- Desks with Hutch
- Desks with Shelves
- Desks with Storage
- Floating Desks
- Fold Down Desks
- Folding Desks
- Large Desks
- Long Desks
- Mahogany Desks
- Metal Desks
- Modular Desks
- Oak Desks
- Office Desks
- Primitive Secretary Desks
- Reclaimed Wood Desks
- Rustic Secretary Desks
- Simple Desks
- Small Desks
- Tall Desks
- Vanity Desks
- Walnut Secretary Desks
- Wood Desks
- Wood Secretary Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.