Vintage Cookbooks for a Healthy Life - Set of 5
Nouvelle Cuisine, introduced in the 1970s, was a revolutionary reaction by French chefs to too much butter, cream and fat ...
more Nouvelle Cuisine, introduced in the 1970s, was a revolutionary reaction by French chefs to too much butter, cream and fat in their cooking. Instead, they concentrated on fresh product, herbs, spices and different techniques—poaching, steaming, braising—to bring out the freshest flavors and reduce calories. They were using organic, local product and smaller portions beautifully plated, and their health advice and menus are still relevant today.
Michel Guerard's Cuisine Minceur, 1st Edition, 1976. Guerard used the restaurant in his spa at Eugenie-les-Bains as his lab for concocting delicious low-calorie recipes based on classic French techniques. Dust jacket has minor tears and some fading but otherwise in excellent condition. Some color photos. 320 pages. 6.5" w x 9.5" l x 1.25" h.
Michel Guerard's Cuisine Gourmande, 1st Edition, 1979. Before opening his Michelin-starred spa, Guerard ran a small gourmet restaurant where he experimented with old cooking techniques in a modern way. Dust jacket has tears but otherwise book is in excellent condition. 368 pages. 6.75" w x 9.5" l x 1.25" h.
Cuisine Naturelle: Elegant Food for a Healthy Life by Anton Mosimann, 1st American Edition, 1985. Trained in Europe and head chef for the Dorchester Hotel in London, Mosimann also led the revolution in poaching, steaming, grilling and dry sautéing fresh, organic foods without any butter, oil, cream or alcohol. Color photos. 262 pages. 7.75" w x 10.5" l x 1" h.
Simple Cuisine: The Cookbook That Redefined Healthful Four-Star Cooking by Jean-Georges Vongerichten, 1990. In this softcover edition, the renowned New York-based chef shows how to use flavored oils, vinaigrettes and vegetable broths as the basis for over 200 healthful recipes that emphasize steaming and stir-frying. Excellent condition. 228 pages. 7.25" w x 9" l x .5" h.
Weight Watchers Cook Book by Jean Nidetch, 1st Edition, 1966. No library on healthy eating is complete without this original primer by the founder and director of Weight Watchers. From her "before and after" photos on the back cover to the rules, menu planning and fun illustrations, this bible for dedicated dieters still packs a punch. Minor stains and tears to dust jacket, otherwise in excellent condition. 288 pages. 5.5" w x 8.25" l x 1" h. less
- 7.75ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 1.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Beverly Hills, CA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 10 miles of 90210.
BeverlyHillsRetro in Beverly Hills, CA
I'm drawn to things sculptural, simple, hand-made of wood, ceramic and glass and signed ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.