Vintage Cookbooks for a Healthy Life - Set of 5
Nouvelle Cuisine, introduced in the 1970s, was a revolutionary reaction by French chefs to too much butter, cream and fat ...
more Nouvelle Cuisine, introduced in the 1970s, was a revolutionary reaction by French chefs to too much butter, cream and fat in their cooking. Instead, they concentrated on fresh product, herbs, spices and different techniques—poaching, steaming, braising—to bring out the freshest flavors and reduce calories. They were using organic, local product and smaller portions beautifully plated, and their health advice and menus are still relevant today.
Michel Guerard's Cuisine Minceur, 1st Edition, 1976. Guerard used the restaurant in his spa at Eugenie-les-Bains as his lab for concocting delicious low-calorie recipes based on classic French techniques. Dust jacket has minor tears and some fading but otherwise in excellent condition. Some color photos. 320 pages. 6.5" w x 9.5" l x 1.25" h.
Michel Guerard's Cuisine Gourmande, 1st Edition, 1979. Before opening his Michelin-starred spa, Guerard ran a small gourmet restaurant where he experimented with old cooking techniques in a modern way. Dust jacket has tears but otherwise book is in excellent condition. 368 pages. 6.75" w x 9.5" l x 1.25" h.
Cuisine Naturelle: Elegant Food for a Healthy Life by Anton Mosimann, 1st American Edition, 1985. Trained in Europe and head chef for the Dorchester Hotel in London, Mosimann also led the revolution in poaching, steaming, grilling and dry sautéing fresh, organic foods without any butter, oil, cream or alcohol. Color photos. 262 pages. 7.75" w x 10.5" l x 1" h.
Simple Cuisine: The Cookbook That Redefined Healthful Four-Star Cooking by Jean-Georges Vongerichten, 1990. In this softcover edition, the renowned New York-based chef shows how to use flavored oils, vinaigrettes and vegetable broths as the basis for over 200 healthful recipes that emphasize steaming and stir-frying. Excellent condition. 228 pages. 7.25" w x 9" l x .5" h.
Weight Watchers Cook Book by Jean Nidetch, 1st Edition, 1966. No library on healthy eating is complete without this original primer by the founder and director of Weight Watchers. From her "before and after" photos on the back cover to the rules, menu planning and fun illustrations, this bible for dedicated dieters still packs a punch. Minor stains and tears to dust jacket, otherwise in excellent condition. 288 pages. 5.5" w x 8.25" l x 1" h. less
- 7.75ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 1.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
BeverlyHillsRetro in Beverly Hills, CA
I'm drawn to things sculptural, simple, hand-made of wood, ceramic and glass and signed ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.