French Provincial Solid Oregon Maple Dining Set
This product is no longer available.
Constructed in the 1930's by a custom furniture maker in Pasadena CA (Edward Wild, who was later killed in WWII ...
moreConstructed in the 1930's by a custom furniture maker in Pasadena CA (Edward Wild, who was later killed in WWII) this dining set came to me through my family. It was cared for through the years and many happy memories were created around it.
The table is solid Oregon maple, with a lacquer finish. Inspired by French Provincial style, the four legs have a pedestal support base and fan and bell-flower hand carvings at the knee. Under the table is a very beautiful set of curved and circular stretchers which also permit it to expand with two leaves, while maintaining their design. Please see the photos for close ups of the wood grain, carvings and stretchers.
30.5 inches high, 46" wide, and 60 inches long, without leaves - this is how it is shown in the photos.
There are two leaves are each 14" wide, so if used, would extend the length to 88 inches. (Truly a statement piece at this size.) The two leaves have the same finish as the rest of the table but the finish is slightly less shiny. This can be seen if viewed at a certain angle with the light reflecting off the table.
Included with the table is a set of custom made foldable pads (about 5/8 inch thick) to protect the surface from heat or spills. These also include leaves so that the pads will fit the table with or without leaves.
The six chairs are also solid Oregon maple, with shaped ladder back splats, a shaped apron, slip saddle seats, bar stretchers and front cabriole legs. the seats are presently covered with hand made needle point seat covers, also made in the 1930s. These have a dark green background, with scrolls and flowers in several coordinated but different designs. Two of the seat covers have some sun fading. If desired, the seats can be easily recovered (by nonprofessionals, since the seats come out for exactly this purpose) to create an entirely different look.
For shipping or moving purposes, the leaves obviously come out, but the table also comes apart in half at the center seam. Way easy. less
- 46ʺW × 60ʺD × 30.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Bill M. in Santa Fe, NM
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.