French Provincial Solid Oregon Maple Dining Set
This product is no longer available.
Constructed in the 1930's by a custom furniture maker in Pasadena CA (Edward Wild, who was later killed in WWII ...
more Constructed in the 1930's by a custom furniture maker in Pasadena CA (Edward Wild, who was later killed in WWII) this dining set came to me through my family. It was cared for through the years and many happy memories were created around it.
The table is solid Oregon maple, with a lacquer finish. Inspired by French Provincial style, the four legs have a pedestal support base and fan and bell-flower hand carvings at the knee. Under the table is a very beautiful set of curved and circular stretchers which also permit it to expand with two leaves, while maintaining their design. Please see the photos for close ups of the wood grain, carvings and stretchers.
30.5 inches high, 46" wide, and 60 inches long, without leaves - this is how it is shown in the photos.
There are two leaves are each 14" wide, so if used, would extend the length to 88 inches. (Truly a statement piece at this size.) The two leaves have the same finish as the rest of the table but the finish is slightly less shiny. This can be seen if viewed at a certain angle with the light reflecting off the table.
Included with the table is a set of custom made foldable pads (about 5/8 inch thick) to protect the surface from heat or spills. These also include leaves so that the pads will fit the table with or without leaves.
The six chairs are also solid Oregon maple, with shaped ladder back splats, a shaped apron, slip saddle seats, bar stretchers and front cabriole legs. the seats are presently covered with hand made needle point seat covers, also made in the 1930s. These have a dark green background, with scrolls and flowers in several coordinated but different designs. Two of the seat covers have some sun fading. If desired, the seats can be easily recovered (by nonprofessionals, since the seats come out for exactly this purpose) to create an entirely different look.
For shipping or moving purposes, the leaves obviously come out, but the table also comes apart in half at the center seam. Way easy. less
- 46.0ʺW × 60.0ʺD × 30.5ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Santa Fe, NM
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Bill M. in Santa Fe, NM
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.