Lazy Bones by Nura Woodson Ulreich, 1943
A vintage stone lithograph, hand-colored in gouache by the artist and signed lower right, 'Nura' for Nura Woodson Ulreich (American ...
moreA vintage stone lithograph, hand-colored in gouache by the artist and signed lower right, 'Nura' for Nura Woodson Ulreich (American, 1899–1950) and created in 1943.
This painter, illustrator, muralist, lithographer, author and poet first studied at the Kansas City Art Institute before attending the Chicago Academy of Fine Arts and the Art Students League in New York. Nura Woodson then studied under John French Sloan and, later, with Frederic Gruger. She subsequently moved to Paris where she lived and painted for several years and where she met and married her husband, the Hungarian-American artist Buk Ulreich. While in France, she exhibited with success, including at the Salon d'Automne, and began to paint under the brush name, 'Nura'.
After returning to the United States, Ulreich continued to exhibit widely, including at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Corcoran Galleries Biennials (1928-39), the Salons of America, the Society of Independent Artists (1928, 1941) and the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (1929-1931). Nura Ulreich's work may be found in the permanent collections of the Smithsonian Art Museum, the Walker Art Center, the San Diego Museum of Art, and the David Winton Bell Gallery at Brown University, among others.
Framed Dimensions: 11.5 H x 9.5 W x .75 D Inches
Who Was Who in American Art 1564-1975: 400 Years of Artists in America, Peter Hastings Falk, Sound View Press 1999, Vol. 3, p. 3366; et al. less
- 5ʺW × 0.01ʺD × 6ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- paper: toning; frame: minor marks paper: toning; frame: minor marks less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
McNaught Fine Art in Santa Cruz, CA
A 1986 graduate of Christie's Fine Arts of London, I headed the fine art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.