19th C Engraving - Signed/Numbered
This product is no longer available
Note from the seller: Engraving is hand signed and numbered by the engraver. I inherited from this piece from my ...
Note from the seller: Engraving is hand signed and numbered by the engraver. I inherited from this piece from my aunt and uncle. My aunt’s father worked as a draper/upholsterer in New York City from the turn of the previous century until his retirement in the 1920s. His clients were the families who owned the mansions along Fifth Avenue known as “millionaire’s row.” When some of those houses were torn down in the 1920s to make way for development and their collections sold off, he bought a few pieces. This is one of them.
Our family had no idea what this painting was until I read "Empty Mansions" by Bill Dedman, which described a painting reputed to be the single most expensive ever purchased by William Andrews Clark. I believe this engraving is a copy of that painting.
The story that came down through our family is that the owner of the painting had the limited number of engraved copies made. I have no way of know whether that story is true. The engraving hung in my aunt and uncles house for more than 50 years. Uncle Joe called it "The Naked Lady."
Print is still in its original frame with gold leaf matting.
Image area: 16" x 10”
Sheet of paper on which it is printed (if that's the right term) is watermarked “Turkey Mill 1877”.
Area inside mat is ~ 23 ½ xi 18”
Overall measurements of frame 29 x 24 inches less
- 29.0ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 24.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Manhattan Beach, CA
Janice B. in Manhattan Beach, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.