- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vessels & Vases
- Bottles & Jars & Jugs
- Southwest Zia Pueblo Roadrunner Polychrome Pottery
Southwest Zia Pueblo Roadrunner Polychrome Pottery
Fabulous and fun Roadrunner polychrome jar signed Eusebia Shije, (from the Zia Pueblo in New Mexico, ca. 1972). The piece ...
moreFabulous and fun Roadrunner polychrome jar signed Eusebia Shije, (from the Zia Pueblo in New Mexico, ca. 1972). The piece is a typical example of Zia pottery with dark brown roadrunners and additional design work on a brownish red and creamy white slip background.
Born in 1936 (according to the Museum of Fine Art in Boston) Eusebia Shije has been creating works of clay art for over 60 years. Her pottery has won numerous awards throughout the Southwest including the exhibits at the Indian Arts Fund for overall Excellence in 1981, the Richard M. Howard award for Best Traditional Zia Pottery in 1979 and 1980, and has taken first, second and third place for jars and bowls a number of years in the prestigious Santa Fe Indian Market.
Dimensions - 6.5"H x 7.5"DIA
Acquired through an auction of an art collector's estate in Taos, NM.
Zia Pueblo pottery turns a deep red when fired. A white slip is often applied to create a buff-colored painting surface. Designs are mostly painted in black and red and orange hues.
Zia Pueblo artists are more commonly known to use the “sky band” and Zia bird designs, both seen here. The “sky band” is a broad arcing ribbon of color that often frames more intricate patterns. The Zia bird is a large-eyed bird with wings upraised and a two- or three-pronged tail. less
- 7.5ʺW × 7.5ʺD × 6.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Slight grey discoloration from firing. Excellent condition. Slight grey discoloration from firing. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Lindsey Brown Art & Design in Denver, CO
Art, antique and furniture collection from years of importing and selling art and antiques, studying ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Apothecary Jars
- Candy Jars
- Cookie Jars
- Spice Jars
- Ceramic Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Ball Jars
- Canning Jars
- Brown Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Rustic Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Coffee Jars
- Native American Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Decorative Jars
- Storage Jars
- Mason Jars
- Southwestern Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Bottles and Jars and Jugs in Denver
- Folk Art Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Honey Jars
- Polychrome Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Printmaking Materials Bottles and Jars and Jugs
- Sculpture Materials Bottles and Jars and Jugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.