Hildegarde Haas, Haydn-Theme #2, Mixed Media
This product is no longer available.
Hildegarde Haas, HAYDN: Cello Concerto No. 2 D Major II Allegro Moderato, Mixed-media on heavy paper (1960s). Image: 20 x ...
more Hildegarde Haas, HAYDN: Cello Concerto No. 2 D Major II Allegro Moderato, Mixed-media on heavy paper (1960s). Image: 20 x 14 inches. Paper: 26 x 20 inches. Unframed. From the artist's estate.The works of Hildegarde Haas (1926-2002) reveal her love of color and her skill at constructing complex yet balanced abstract compositions. While at the Art Students League in New York (in the late 1940s), Hildegarde gained national recognition for her skillful color woodblocks prints. The artist settled in Berkeley in 1951. Hildegarde focused on painting rather than printmaking. Over several decades, she produced paintings on panel and paper, exhibiting her art in the Bay Area and elsewhere. Music was also an important theme. The artist had the condition of synesthesia, by which senses link. In the case of Haas, she could have a visual response to sound. The artist would listen to a piece of music over and over, until images formed in her mind. Then, still listening, she would create the artwork.
- 20.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 26.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Berkeley, CA
SF Bay Area Modern in Berkeley, CA
Quality artworks by notable Modern and Midcentury artists at reasonable prices. Many items are from ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.