1970s Vintage G. Lachaise Brass Bee Sculpture
This product is no longer available.
A delightful and charming piece by early 20th century American sculptor Gaston Lachaise, reproduced in the '70s by Alva Museum ...
moreA delightful and charming piece by early 20th century American sculptor Gaston Lachaise, reproduced in the '70s by Alva Museum Reproductions. The shiny brass bee sits atop a black marble base, and exhibits the sensuous, rounded forms Lachaise was know for. The original sculpture is at the MOA in Philadelphia. Nicely made and heavy for its size.
The French-born American American sculptor's pieces are in the collections of many major museums, and his work was chosen for important architectural commissions including the AT&T Building and Rockefeller Center. ARTnews dubbed him the "greatest American sculptor of his time." He died in 1935. less
- 5ʺW × 2.5ʺD × 5.25ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Be is in excellent shape, no wear to finish. Small chip to one corner of marble base, barely noticeable. Be is in excellent shape, no wear to finish. Small chip to one corner of marble base, barely noticeable. less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Black Marble
- Art Subject
PeAk Stuff in Chicago, IL
Fresh vintage for the modern home. We curate an eclectic collection of antiques, mid-century and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Elephant Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Cat Figurines
- Brass Models and Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Metal Models and Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Figurative Models and Figurines
- Venus Figurines
- Gold Models and Figurines
- Models and Figurines in Chicago
- Marble Models and Figurines
- Contemporary Models and Figurines
- Black Marble Models and Figurines
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.