Floral Stamped Metal Steamer Trunk
What an amazing find! This antique trunk dates back to the late 1870s/early 1900s and features the original wood ...
more What an amazing find! This antique trunk dates back to the late 1870s/early 1900s and features the original wood and hardware. The metal areas are stamped with a floral design that has great patina.
Many patterns were stamped into the steel coverings of trunks from the late 1870s to 1910. Most production of all patterns ceased by 1910 and are no longer available.
This trunk is commonly referred to as a dome top, camel back top, or steamer trunk. This design was first made in the early 1800’s in Europe. The top was designed to prevent other luggage from being stacked atop them. When used in traveling by ship to America, only the most elite people could afford to buy a camel top trunk. The design was continued in America because when the dome top was covered with tin it shed water well when traveling by stagecoach.
Measurements: 32.5" long x 19" deep x 21" tall less
- 32.5ʺW × 19.0ʺD × 21.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Quincy, MA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
The Glossed & Found in Quincy, MA
Art and travel are arguably the best investments that one can ever make. We carefully ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 6Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.