Hand Painted Mason Monterey A-Frame Chair
This product is no longer available.
Hand painted Mason Monterey A-frame chair
This highly collectible Monterey furniture was made by the Mason Mfg. Co., circa 1930-mid ... more Hand painted Mason Monterey A-frame chair
This highly collectible Monterey furniture was made by the Mason Mfg. Co., circa 1930-mid 1940. The early Californian rancho spirit of design is reflected in the turned legs, hand-painted floral back, and original "crackle" finish, and even in the company's signature horseshoe branding.
The chair is made of alder with painted and stained finishes. The chair is signed under the seat with a brand of a horseshoe and the name “MONTEREY”. The seat shows an area of repair from sometime in the past where a split was glued with repair showing on the underside of the seat.
Mason Monterey Furniture was made from 1930 to the mid-1940s in California. Uniquely western, the line derived its character from Spanish and Dutch Colonial styles, California Mission architecture and furnishings, ranch furnishings, and cowboy styling. Mason Manufacturing Company, founded by Frank Mason and his son, George, are credited with the original style of its time.
Sound usable chair, condition listed as fair due to repair. less
- 18.0ʺW × 19.0ʺD × 36.5ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Reston, VA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Blue Six Studio in Reston, VA
Well found examples of furniture, art and fun from modern to vintage time periods.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.