Belleek Irish Seashell Teapot
This is the most immaculate example of northern Irish Belleek pottery that I've ever come across. Beautifully crafted in the ...
moreThis is the most immaculate example of northern Irish Belleek pottery that I've ever come across. Beautifully crafted in the shape of a seashell, this is a fully functional (my favorite part of any vintage item) porcelain teapot that sits on three smaller whelk-like shells as feet. An object of both whimsy and function, this particular piece also has a coral-esque handle to make pouring and handling the teapot easier. The porcelain is beautifully iridescent with a cream and slightly yellow cast.
This is from Belleek's Black Mark Second Period which spanned 1891 to 1926, so this particular piece was likely created sometime at the very turn of the 20th century. The mark is slightly obscured but the addition of "Fermanagh, Ireland" and the banner that wraps it indicates the period which it's from.
Belleek Pottery Ltd is a porcelain company that began trading in 1884 as the Belleek Pottery Works Company Ltd in Belleek, County Fermanagh, in what was to become Northern Ireland. The factory produces porcelain that is characterised by its thinness, slightly iridescent surface and that the body is formulated with a significant proportion of frit.
Shipping is included in the lower 48. less
- 8ʺW × 6ʺD × 7ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Beautiful condition with no chips or visible wear; it's hard to believe this piece is around a hundred years old. Beautiful condition with no chips or visible wear; it's hard to believe this piece is around a hundred years old. less
- Belleek Pottery Ltd.
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Alexander M. in Brooklyn, NY
One up your friends by giving new life to classic conversation pieces. My name is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Coffee and Tea Service
- Ceramic Coffee and Tea Service
- Coffee and Tea Service in New York
- Miniature Tea Sets
- Art Nouveau Coffee and Tea Service
- Porcelain Coffee and Tea Service
- White Coffee and Tea Service
- Cream Coffee and Tea Service
- Pottery Coffee and Tea Service
- Rustic Coffee and Tea Service
- Shell Coffee and Tea Service
- Nautical Coffee and Tea Service
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.