1968 Hermes Rocket with a Russian Ukraine Keyboard
The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their ...
more The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their precision and attention to detail and all the Hermes typewriters live up to that reputation. The attention to detail, fit and finish of these typewriters are unmatched. Using a variety of metals in construction, the Rocket is still one of the lightest portable around. The Hermes Baby/Rocket series were introduced in 1935 and were an instant success. The Rocket debuted in the 1960's with minor cosmetic changes from the Baby, such as a color change from grey to sea foam green, a more durable construction with a better handle and locking mechanism as well as enlarged keys making it more user friendly. The lightweight, versatile, and portable Baby and Rocket with their easy to set margins and simple ribbon changing are used by many of the most famous and prolific writers of our time. This sea foam green machine was built in 1968 with a Russian Ukraine keyboard. The platen knobs are not original. They were replaced with 3D printed dark green knobs. This machine is in good shape with a new ribbon and has been cleaned, oiled by a typewriter mechanic.
The designer of the Hermes was Paillard, a Swiss company which initially started with watch movements and music box mechanisms. They are known to this day as one of the finest music box makers. The company spent years researching how they could improve the current typewriter designs. less
- 12.0ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 3.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Philadelphia, PA
Philly Typewriter in Philadelphia, PA
I am a typewriters mechanic. The typewriters for sale work well and are cleaned, oiled ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.