1968 Hermes Rocket with a Russian Ukraine Keyboard
The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their ...
more The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their precision and attention to detail and all the Hermes typewriters live up to that reputation. The attention to detail, fit and finish of these typewriters are unmatched. Using a variety of metals in construction, the Rocket is still one of the lightest portable around. The Hermes Baby/Rocket series were introduced in 1935 and were an instant success. The Rocket debuted in the 1960's with minor cosmetic changes from the Baby, such as a color change from grey to sea foam green, a more durable construction with a better handle and locking mechanism as well as enlarged keys making it more user friendly. The lightweight, versatile, and portable Baby and Rocket with their easy to set margins and simple ribbon changing are used by many of the most famous and prolific writers of our time. This sea foam green machine was built in 1968 with a Russian Ukraine keyboard. The platen knobs are not original. They were replaced with 3D printed dark green knobs. This machine is in good shape with a new ribbon and has been cleaned, oiled by a typewriter mechanic.
The designer of the Hermes was Paillard, a Swiss company which initially started with watch movements and music box mechanisms. They are known to this day as one of the finest music box makers. The company spent years researching how they could improve the current typewriter designs. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 3ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Mid-Century Modern
Philly Typewriter in Philadelphia, PA
I am a typewriters mechanic. The typewriters for sale work well and are cleaned, oiled ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.