1968 Hermes Rocket with a Russian Ukraine Keyboard
The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their ...
more The Hermes Rocket was considered to be the iPad of its time. The Swiss have long been revered for their precision and attention to detail and all the Hermes typewriters live up to that reputation. The attention to detail, fit and finish of these typewriters are unmatched. Using a variety of metals in construction, the Rocket is still one of the lightest portable around. The Hermes Baby/Rocket series were introduced in 1935 and were an instant success. The Rocket debuted in the 1960's with minor cosmetic changes from the Baby, such as a color change from grey to sea foam green, a more durable construction with a better handle and locking mechanism as well as enlarged keys making it more user friendly. The lightweight, versatile, and portable Baby and Rocket with their easy to set margins and simple ribbon changing are used by many of the most famous and prolific writers of our time. This sea foam green machine was built in 1968 with a Russian Ukraine keyboard. The platen knobs are not original. They were replaced with 3D printed dark green knobs. This machine is in good shape with a new ribbon and has been cleaned, oiled by a typewriter mechanic.
The designer of the Hermes was Paillard, a Swiss company which initially started with watch movements and music box mechanisms. They are known to this day as one of the finest music box makers. The company spent years researching how they could improve the current typewriter designs. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Philadelphia, PA
Philly Typewriter in Philadelphia, PA
I am a typewriters mechanic. The typewriters for sale work well and are cleaned, oiled ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.