Inuit Server with Scrimshaw Handle
This product is no longer available
This server has a stainless steel blade and an ivory handle with scrimshaw on it. Scrimshaw is the name given ...
This server has a stainless steel blade and an ivory handle with scrimshaw on it. Scrimshaw is the name given to scrollwork, engravings, and carvings done in bone or ivory. Typically it refers to the handiwork created by whalers made from the byproducts of harvesting marine mammals. This piece, however, was made by a commercial artist in the 1960s.
Note: National and international law prohibits the exportation of ivory hence this item cannot be shipped outside of the US. Please note that L'Ajooba regularly sells items of historical significance and from time to time some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. It is our role to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, with equal respect to all. Furthermore, please know that all items sold by us are legally obtained and offered for sale in compliance with state and Federal regulations. less
- 9.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 0.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Seattle, WA
L'Ajooba in Seattle, WA
L'Ajooba is the combined vision of Shesh & Alka - one likes collecting 'one of a ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.